Arizona arson investigators are working to determine if a fire that destroyed the sanctuary of a Catholic church was intentionally set. Police are working to see if it is connected to recent vandalism attacks on nearby church buildings.
- KJZZ: Arson Investigators Now Looking Into Fire At Phoenix St. Joseph Catholic Church
- KTAR: Phoenix church ruined by fire starts rebuilding process with donation drive
- KVOA: Arson investigators looking into cause of fire in north Phoenix
- 12News: Church fire is second loss for Phoenix parishioners
- Fox 10: Phoenix Police: Fire investigators working to determine cause, origin of church fire
A Mississippi man was sentenced to 20 years for a church arson. Investigators say Andrew McClinton, 45, was a habitual offender and will face various fines in addition to his prison time. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is not classifying this as a hate crime.
- WLBT: Man charged in Greenville church burning sentenced to 20 years
- WMC: Man charged in Greenville church burning sentenced to 20 years
- MAGNOLIASTATELIVE: Man who torched black church, painted ‘vote trump’ on side gets 20 years for crimes
Provincial police are hoping to find the person who they say broke into a church in Parry Sound and stole money from the parish.
Michigan man pleads guilty to vandalizing Catholic Church